Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Blog

   Last class was finally the day where we started editing our footage for the Gatorade commercial. I felt like editing was somewhat difficult because there were many good scenes to choose from. When I first got on to edit in pinnacle studios I had trouble transferring the footing from google docs to pinnacle studios. This was because I forgot to make a folder after we dumped the footage. But then after about ten minutes of trying new ways to fix the problem. I finally figured it out. Next we imported all the videos. The importing process took a long time. Then we started going through at least fifty videos to choose the best shots. There was also a sample video on pinnacle to show us how to do it and set stuff up on each track. 
   The first scene we started going through to find the perfect one was the shot of walking to the track. We had many of these shot but I had also messed some up because I wasn't ready. Also in some of those scenes some people kept interrupting us. After we found the one we dragged it to track two. Next the scene where we took the most shots was me walking, then setting my bag down and unzipping it. Then again dragged it next to the first scene on track two. The scene after that one was me putting my shoes on and getting in a running position. Continued to drag it like all the previous scenes to the track and so on fourth. Finally after all the footage we were going to use was in order, we had to leave because class was over. So since we had trouble in the beginning we had a late start, which didn't allow us to finish more things.
   Today we had a less time to work on our editing because it was PSD. So as soon as we got into class we grabbed a computer to get as much time to edit as possible. Then logged into the laptop and got into pinnacle studios. Little did we know we wouldn't be able to edit today. This was because pinnacle studies wouldn't open or even respond. We waited so long for it to open but nothing. After trying many times to restart and open pinnacle studios, I started getting scarred because we couldn't get our footage and edit. So then we got another laptop but that didn't help at all. Finally I came up with idea to put all the footage from google docs to my flash drive and probably use imovie to edit it at home over the weekend. But now, thankfully, we have an extra day to finish the commercial and make it as best as possible.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audiences and Institutions Practice Essay

The significance of advertising in the film business is that it gives a method of promotion, which is vital for a film to thrive. Movie adve...