Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the Commercial

        Yesterday was the first day I filmed. I went to the track to film my commercial with my group-mates. I brought gatorade bottles, athletic wear, and a duffle bag. For my commercial I am advertising the brand Gatorade, so I thought that going to the track was a good idea because most athletes drink gatorade. The filming process went very smoothly, I followed our storyboard well. There were some changes I made while we were filming. I was the only one in the film and had to do many takes of the same scene, while my group members were telling me what to do and filming. I did a stunt where I had to just collapse on the ground. That stunt kind of hurt because I kept falling on the same part of my body. Since I was the only one in the film I had to make sure that each take was my best.
        When we first started to film, I went to the the ramp/pathway for the first scene. There was where I had to do an "intense" walk with my duffle bag prop going to the track. We had a few setbacks while trying to film the next few scenes because people kept walking into our shot. Next, when everyone was gone I shot the scene from the ramp to the track. From there we shot where I put the bag on the floor and started to put on my running shoes. This scene in particular was the longest to film just because I wanted my group-mates to be happy. After putting my shoes on, I got into a position as if I was about to run. In this scene I used the tripod so it could be as still as possible. From that position i started to run. After running for a couple of seconds I was told to fall. The fall had a lot of impact on my arm.
     After falling we filmed another scene with me on the floor. I then got up and aggressively stomped to get the gatorade. I did this to emphasize that I needed the gatorade for more energy. I then opened the gatorade and chugged it down. The last scene I filmed was where I was getting back into the running position. From there I started running again. Then it shows me completing the race joyfully. After filming my group-mates and I went back to the classroom to dump our footage and return the equipment. We created the folder and viewed some of the footage. I talked with my group and discussed how we could edit some of the footage.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audiences and Institutions Practice Essay

The significance of advertising in the film business is that it gives a method of promotion, which is vital for a film to thrive. Movie adve...